Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anoyying raddles here and there under the dash board GRR

I have a 93 leg wagon and theres another raddling under the dash i beleive when idling. ANyone else heard this?

i'm going to take a giant leap of faith here and assume you mean a rattle. It's an old car, old cars get rattles. A few dozen things back there that can cause a rattle, so happy hunting (use a freind to help if it a noise made when the car i smoving).

nipper

I would suggest you take the Nipster's advice to heart. DO NOT stick your head under the dashboard looking for anything while you are driving! I would also suggest that Nipper's estimate of a few dozen may be conservative.

i'm going to take a giant leap of faith here and assume you mean a rattle. It's an old car, old cars get rattles. A few dozen things back there that can cause a rattle, so happy hunting (use a freind to help if it a noise made when the car i smoving).

nipper

Install one or even two ultimate rattle removers.

evil6.jpg

If problem persists - rotate stereo's volume knob clockwise until rattle is no longer heard. Worked wonders for my wagon. :grin:

KELTIK

In no time all the loose parts will fall right off

nipper

In no time all the loose parts will fall right off

nipper

I Should have added; Of course this is a good option for things such as loose wires or change rattling, if major components i.e engine or steering rack are rattling then tightening the bolt or whatever is the correct option.

KELTIK

I know but i want this car to sound like when it was new, maybe a chunk off plastic fell from hitting the dashboard so hard to get the dash lights to come on for a min. LOL. Well i had spent 7000 to make all the mechanical of the car great and now its VERY queit. No torque bind original engine a 280k still runs amazing for what it is. But maybe the screw that holds the dash is loose. I am oddd to check it out when my mom gets home lol.

given the time, effort, cost, beers considerations to find it and cure it, its not worth the trouble from my perspective. just let it go and maybe it will cure itself (my subaru does that all the time, for some reason...)

just don't start playing "if you give a mouse a cookie" with your car. first its talking out the dash to find a slight rattle, next its a disassembly of the headliner to find a glue spot, then taking out the engine to wipe some oil off one of the mounts, etc. and soon, you will probably explode

You know what i fixed it!! YAY it was the screw right where the dash is and the top part made it tighter, and my center consle thing had cracked screws to i glued them an all is well. And now when the sub is cracked no gassly noises. THanks!