Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I am sure my EJ18 is about due for a bit of an overhaul (200k on the car, probibly close to 100k on the engine with fairly long time between oil changes) im going to do an oil change, plugs and wires, Seafoam, and maybe timeing belt (can't remember if the EJ18 is interference or not?) also considering water/oil pump, tranny flush, vairous leaking engine gaskets, and PS pump, (JY one we got leaks like a sieve). anyting else i might consider? also any recomendations on the oil i should put in, thicker full syn. maybe?

I don't have that kind of money, and i work at Advance auto parts, so i get a discount on parts.

also, do you guys see any benifit to putting bosh platnium +2s in?

Just go with whatever the factory put in, as the sooby seems to love them best.

nipper

Well, with my discount i am going to try to upgrade wherever possible. PS pump is probibly out, 80 bucks is a bit out of my budget with other things factored in.

more expensive is NOT better (just means good marketing). Everyone here seems to agree to go with OE, as the more expensive plugs dont seem to work right some times. Search on spark plugs for lots of information. Some cars dont run on platnum plugs that well.

Also there is a rebuild kit of the PS pump to stop the leaks. Dont skip the waterpump, you will regret it.

nipper