Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi all

I own a 93 subaru sportswagon which seems to be starving for fuel now and again. I lose power and have to pump the accelerator for it to continue otherwise it stalls.Fuel pump has been cleaned,Fuel filter replaced,can anyone please help me as the local mechanics cant find the source of the problem.When it stalls leaving it for 5 mins before restart will resualt in ignition but I have to floor it in park with resualtin backfireing before I can take off again then it will be ok for a few days only.

Please help this newby Aussie as I'm told you guys know more about the subaru than we do.

sounds like it is the ignitor or an ignition problem. Next time it stalls check and see if you have spark. Can be a dying knock sensor, the backfire, floored throttle has me a bit perplexed. SOunds more and more like ignition.

nipper

sounds like it is the ignitor or an ignition problem. Next time it stalls check and see if you have spark. Can be a dying knock sensor, the backfire, floored throttle has me a bit perplexed. SOunds more and more like ignition.

nipper

Thanks Nipper I will try that

cheers mate

Giordi