Ultimate Subaru Message Board

87 GL 1, Civic 0

Yep thats right, I creamed a civic after work today.

I was going... hmmm 35, they turned left in front of me... I was able to skid to about 10-15 MPH before hitting them. 100% their fault, left turn is supposed to yield to oncoming traffic.

So what does this all mean?

My drivers fender has a slight bend to it, no sharp crease though, I actually kicked it back in at the scene (but pulled it back out when I got home so the body shop makes and accurate estimate)

The bumper is a little wrinkled and the black trim on the fender got loosened a bit.

Basically all I need to do is fit on a mudrat front bumper and kick the fender once and its fixed... Maybe I can milk enough insurance money from the other party to get front and rear bumpers from John :banana:

Or maybe I will buy andrew a white bumper for his turbowagon and put his black bumper on my car.

Oh ya, the civic REALLY needs a new front bumper, my bumper left a dent like 2 inches deep in it and like a foot wide :D

So the suby won... the right front fender gets a Civic bogey sticker for this one... Hondas beware!!

Both parties were uninjured :D

A red CRX driving way to fast in the neighborhood (trying to show off) hit the corner of the rear bumper on my mom's parked 92 Oldsmobile Achieva. It was a hit and run. Witnesses say that the CRX was doing about 40mph and they said that the front of the CRX was completely bashed in. My mom's car got no dents or scratches, but it now has some red paint on the rear bumper (Honda Blood :banana: ). Serves them right :headbang:.

the adjuster called my parents...

The car is "totaled" :banana:

Meaning.... they should pay me off (he he I can fight for a $2000+ value cause of the new parts and mods)

Then I can buy it back for afew hundred bucks and lift it :D

See related thread... please tell me what my car is worth in your opinion (like what you would pay for it if the crash didnt happen AND you had the money hypothetically)

Dear Flow,

I am the head adjuster for your insurance company and have just printed your tell-all account. Please expect a check for $2.95, the price of a can of Krylon. Yes, that's right. We're springing for the best for you. Enjoy. (Be careful what you write in a public forum).

I dont know it if really matters.... my $32 repair idea will not make the car like it was, it will just make it FAIRLY presentable again. But by no means bring it back 100%

I am going to fight for a value around $2000 for the car simply for the fact that the car is at heart a 93K mile GL (93K on engine, and new everything else pretty much... so to recreate a car this nice I would either have to start with a 274K POS ($500) and put on new parts, (costing around $1500) to recreate a car very similar to mine... and thats not including stuff like the rims, CB, seats, shifter, and the 6 years of receipts (in a HUGE envelope)

But still good advice...