Ultimate Subaru Message Board

loyale performance?

Check the archives, but not much is available without getting into the engine, drilling the airbox, or remiving the bottom entirely only adds 2 cfm of flow to the intake track, so realistically adds .66 hp. the exhaust on the subies is tuned for low end torque so i would leave it that way for good round town traveling. unless you go into the engine you can't really get much more hp

I did the following performance mods to my 92 Loyale, 4WD, auto:

* NGK spark plugs

* Bosh high capacity wires

* Drilled Air box bottom

* K&N air filter

* removed 2nd cat-converter

It runs a little better now. But it's only a 90 HP engine and with the automatic it's slow. But it still handles great, has awsome 4WD, and is a blast to drive.

:D

T.J.

I would cut the whole bottom from the intake box, or adapt a K&N cone filter to the MAF.

You can advance the timing a few deg and run 93 octance fuel for a few more ponies. Then a glasspack would complement that well. New plugs (NGK), wires, coil, dist cap and rotor would clear things up a free up some lost power...

What kind of millage should I be getting with my 92 Loyale, 4WD, auto?

It is only between 12 and 19 Mpg.

I did a lot of "tune up" work (see previous post) but still have a 35 (Purge Control Valve) so I gotta go to the junk yard in Wayland tomorrow to scrouge for a new one, because the dealer wants $102 for a new one.

Do all Auto, Loyales get lousy gas millage?

What else should I check?!

:confused:

T.J.