Ultimate Subaru Message Board

5lug swap with ej20g

Lazer

As I'm doing an ej20g swap on my turbo xt I also want the 5lug swap for aftermarket rims. I would also like to use the legacy turbo brakes in the front to stop the bugger.

What I undestand is that I can use the Legacy turbo parts in the front together with the legacy axles (I have an Legacy transmission) and the xt6 control arms. In the rear I'm stuck with xt6 parts.

What do I need in the rear to make the xt6 hub mate up with the legacy turbo differential?

It would be greate if someone could make me an shopping list on the verious parts needed.

Thanks

What do I need in the rear to make the xt6 hub mate up with the legacy turbo differential?

Thanks

I'm assuming this is for the rear?

If it is, you either need custom rear axles that combine the inner CV joint with the standard EA-82 axle shaft and outer CV, or, if you go with an older legacy diff, you may be able to use the axles you have, it all depends on if your diff is an innie or an outie.

I remembered reading this a while back, so I searched and found it.

Basically, rebuild the stock rear axles with new inner cv races (with the right spline count) and you are good to go.

didnt have any trouble i couldnt get solved. for the cross member i used the front and rear sections from a 88 XT6 and the center peace from the WRX. it bolted right up. then the front section of the driveshaft had to be shortened. 55mm. then to use the rear diff with LSD and matching ratio. i had to order custom CV races to mate the WRX inner cups to the GL axels. (i have an extra set if you need some or you can call RCV Peformance part# 184-068A)