Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Pull A Part Update

iVE HAVE NEVER SEEN SO MANY SOOBS AT PULL A PART THERE HAD TO BE AT LEAST 10 MAYBE 12 ALL EA82 THOUGHS 3RD GEN ONLY AND SOME JUSTY AND 1 STANDARD HATCH.. LOTS OF FRESH MEAT TO MOLEST THERE. A COUPLE OF EJ22... DID ONE OF YOU GUYS TRY TO GET THE PISTONS OUT OF AN EA82 CUZ SOME1 TOTALLY TORE THE BLOCK APART AND TOOK OF THE CYLINDER HEADS!!!! SUBARU 4 LIFE

man,i wish there was something like the pull-a-part places you folks have over there.most of the J/Ys we have around my area might have 3-6 soobs at the most..(mainly ej-22s,which is fine cause that's what i have but if i had a EA:-\ )

Did You Go To Pap Today Man. I Know There Was Alot Of Subarus But I Didnt Know There Was That Many. But I Tottaly Belive You Like Every Row Had 3 Or 4 In It I Think One Row Had Like 6 Or Something.. Yeah We Got The Dorrs Off That Standard Hatch That Was There The Red One... And We Picked Up A Nice Set Of 6 Lug Mazda Rims Also.. I Think Today Was A Good Day.. I Wish There Was More Ea81's Though Usally That Place Is Full Of Those.. I Noticed Too That There Was Like 5 Turbo Cars.. Where Are The Turbos Do They Take Them Off Before They Go Into The Yard Or What????? Cuz I Have Never Seen A Turbo

The amount of stuff that goes out of those places un-paid for is huge. So you can understand why they take big ticket items off of the cars before they let you rip into them, can't you?

Plus, lots of people would probably take the turbo off, go to pay for it and gasp at the price they want (can get) for it. So maybe they don't take the turbos off, but people do and the just leave them at the desk?

Certain people manage to get the parts they want; they either have an "in" with management or work there. I have a turbo unit that needs rebuilding for an EA82 if anyone wants it ($10 plus shipping). I was at PAP last Friday and did notice the large number of EA82s but according to the computer, only one Legacy (a blue '93 sedan in row S right next to the separator from the domestic cars). I'm still looking for an Impreza there; only seen two in the last 5 years.

Certain people manage to get the parts they want; they either have an "in" with management or work there. I have a turbo unit that needs rebuilding for an EA82 if anyone wants it ($10 plus shipping). I was at PAP last Friday and did notice the large number of EA82s but according to the computer, only one Legacy (a blue '93 sedan in row S right next to the separator from the domestic cars). I'm still looking for an Impreza there; only seen two in the last 5 years.

I gave up looking for an impreza there, so I went down the street to Best and paid the extra money for the Impreza struts from them.

Oh, and I'm kinda sore at PaP right now because the yahoo who sold me the Legacy struts didn't mark one of them, and they wouldn't let me return it. and then had the audacity to say it is MY job to make sure it's marked. (Excuse me, but no... if you put a stipulation like that on return, it is the employee's responsibility, not the customer's... failure to do so could be considered oh, FRAUD...)

Which Guy Was It That Big Fat Guy With The Beard He Didnt Mark Something I Got Before Either.. Im Thinking About Going And Getting A Paint Marker.... And Well Taking Back Some Parts.. If You Know What I Mean

Which Guy Was It That Big Fat Guy With The Beard He Didnt Mark Something I Got Before Either.. Im Thinking About Going And Getting A Paint Marker.... And Well Taking Back Some Parts.. If You Know What I Mean

That would be him.

apparently the fact that I bought both of the struts on the same receipt, at the same time, from the same guy, and was returning them because they WOULDN'T FIT, doesn't mean anything. :rolleyes:

The guy who was processing the return asked him, and he just looked at me and said "nope, can't return it". Nice. jackhole.

For the two buck entery, git yer money's worth(or what your pockets can hold):grin:

Please do not promote illegal activity. Thanks!

At most pull a part yards if you walk up to the counter with something that is 1-2 bucks on their price sheet they will just give it to you and tell you to put a buck in their charity wheel borrow, pop machine, etc. Being honest actually pays and if they do charge you 2 bucks, big deal its 2 bucks. thats 2/3 of a gallon of gas for something you need for your car.

I've found all of the people at Pull a Part to be more than reasonable if you treat them with respect. I always ask them to mark my stuff whether I think I'll bring it back or not. Their staff has to deal with people who are occasionally trying to pull a "fast one." Unfortunately they have no way of knowing what's an honest mistake from someone trying to cheat. The staff there is not hired for their smarts and I'm sure is not paid much more than minimum wage.

I've found all of the people at Pull a Part to be more than reasonable if you treat them with respect. I always ask them to mark my stuff whether I think I'll bring it back or not. Their staff has to deal with people who are occasionally trying to pull a "fast one." Unfortunately they have no way of knowing what's an honest mistake from someone trying to cheat. The staff there is not hired for their smarts and I'm sure is not paid much more than minimum wage.

You know me, Ed... I worked retail for 11 years, I have the utmost respect for retail employees because I've been in their shoes. A lot.

I could explain a couple other things... not sure they're 100% appropriate for the forum, so I guess I'll shoot you a PM.

ditto. they really dont want to be there and you can tell. i wouldnt want to be there much either if i was always dealing with RUDE foreigners and creeps. most guys that roll through there have no business interacting in public. they barely know how. most of the time they cut me off in line too. i can understand the employees attitude. there is one girl there that i deal with most if i can. she usually doesnt charge me for half the stuff that i have.

oh, and MAKE SURE you keep reciepts. i have been screwed in the past with just going by the colors. seems they get mixed up sometimes.... maybe i should just go buy the pens they use there.... i found em online...:grin:

you guys must be discussing a PAP up north or something...because if there were that many soobs at PAP down here i would have a yard full of used parts just waiting for something to break.

i work at another yard and can totally understand the frustration of the people at PAP....i have to mark some parts in so many places that i almost can't write small enough....(i have a paint marker....neener, neener, neener:-p )