Ultimate Subaru Message Board

soob buggies

wurkboot

How well would a rail built using an auto tranny 4wd soob for parts work? Here is the deal, wife has a real bad ankle therefore no std for her.She loves the dune buggies. I am not a stranger to fabbing, so I was thinking if need be use a a zuk tcase for extra reduction for harder offroading. Zuk stuff has gotten outragous here in price, so the soobs seem like a good a challenge and comfy ride with the suspension vs. solid axles. Keep in mind I never have seen a soob up close, so if the drivetrain ?'s seem stupid thats why.

thanks for your time

now if i turned my subaru into a sandrail/buggy like you did or close to what you did about how much would it set me back?

It just depends on what you get and where you get it. Also, check into things first and get a real good idea of what you want. I made mistakes building the brat with just buying stuff, then having to get other stuff done like a dominoe.

clayton, well you can probly find a complete ea82 auto 4x4 wagon for $400 or less. steel is not cheap unless you find some used stuff. i`d figure it would cost $1500 to $2200 total to build a nice buggy like sweet82's. you could also build a beast type rig alot cheaper......

clayton, well you can probly find a complete ea82 auto 4x4 wagon for $400 or less. steel is not cheap unless you find some used stuff. i`d figure it would cost $1500 to $2200 total to build a nice buggy like sweet82's. you could also build a beast type rig alot cheaper......

negative... I've got about $2000 into mine, thats also including all the repairs I had to do when I got it and over time... either way, you got streetable money pit or something you gotta trailer around

now if i turned my subaru into a sandrail/buggy like you did or close to what you did about how much would it set me back?

I'm in this about $1,500 as it stands

$400 for the Steel

$500 for tires and rims

$600 for the Aluminum

I already had the car.

Glenn,