Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2 dead soobs in my yard now

now i'm walkin alot sooner than i thought.. the turbo wagon has been usin lots of water lately..

so i figured i'd flush it, and refill for good measure.. so i get home reach under there to pull the dran plug on the radiator, and the hole damn thing falls off in my hands, the plaug snapped off, and the threads in the radiator came out..

so i'm pretty sure thats where my water was goin, right out the friggin drain..

and since it won't pass inspection, its gonna sit until the end of nov. and then its hittin the scrapper.. no point replacing the radiator then scrappin the car in a month..

so now i got 2 dead soobs sittin in my driveway.. really sux.. the hatch i bought less than a month ago needs a friggin engine, and the wagon is not drivable. the only thing left is the ole ford truck... 12mpg ugghhh

sorry for the rant, just very upset atm. over these damn subaru's..

well its gettin scrapped cause the frame rails are rusted out, theres a hole in the back where the jack goes that i can stick my foot through, and it won't pass inspection with that rust..

i'm pretty sure hte radiator fell apart due to rust.. and i wouldn't wanna risk it poppin a plug somewhere and trashin a perfectly good runnin engine..

i thought about puttin that ea82t in my hatch but since its got 290k original, i don't think it be worth the hassle..

i picked up an ea81 from lostwater. went down and pulled it fer free.. had good oil, and coolant still in it, and the car was driven home the last time it was run, so i'm pretty confident the engine will at least run.. i don't have hte money or the time now to reseal it or anything.. i'm just gonna slap it in , change the oil, and hope for the best.. if it leaks a little, that won't hurt my feelings.. its just gotta run long enough for me to get this lump of **** rebuilt and then it'll be comin back out.. if it runs good, i'll just have a real good spare engine..

hey andrew, yeah i'd be willin to sell it.. i'll be pickin up dennis's RX mid month.. so i figured i'd either sell the car off hole, or part it out and have the junkyard come get it..

i'm open to offer on it hole.. keep in mind its just a 2wd... new clutch, PP, bearings, flywheel, and rear mainseal, all bought from the stealership.. have prolly 16k on them...cost me $700 for the parts alone.. 2 new front tires as of a month ago..

would deffinitely need a radiator if you planned on drivin it home.. other than that it would do just fine.. we've been to dc several times, down to lostwaters place, and up to NJ to pick up the hatch.. so its deffinitely road worthy.

i was thinkin if i part it out, i'd keep the new flywheel, etc, wheels, tires, disty, plug wires, and maybe a couple odds and ends.. if i go this route, i've already gotten an offer of $100 just for the heads and timing belt covers.. (gen 3 heads).

but if i sell it hole, i'd look for somewhere abouts $500.. and thats just because of the new clutch, etc.. i'll post in teh marketplace see if theres any takers. i got another month to get it outa here anyways..