Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Clutch is still Awesome - Pedal Question

Guest rtp373

What a relief it is to have a NORMAL clutch; one where you can shift almost subconsciously. Running great and man am I ever grateful for all the help you provided.

Hey, I noticed tonight that the clutch pedal "creeks" when I get to the last inch or so to the floor. I opened the door and popped the hood but couldn't tell if it was coming from up under the dash or under the hood. I can feel it in the pedal too : it's smooth all the way down until that last part.

It's almost 100% humid here right now so it may just be the damp conditions, didn't notice this earlier, but may not've paid attention.

Probably nothing to worry about but was curious. The clutch was replaced about 4 weeks ago now.

Ryan

Guest ferret

rtp.........Same on mine after the clutch was replaced. Put a small dab of grease (I used hi-temp silicone, lubriplate is what is called for) on the point where the clutch slave actuator touched the release fork. It's just behind the air filter assy on the driver's side.

Been good since...

Guest rtp373

guy at work says his outback sport is doing the same thing- been extremely wet and humid for the past week and a half. he think's it's weather related.

i'll take a peek next weekend after it dries out and see if it's still doing it. just an annoyance.

how do you get into that area? is this point external or easily accessible?

Follow the hydraulic line from the master clutch cylinder mounted to the fire wall. It will end at the slave cylinder on top of the transmission housing. There is a "finger" which moves in and out with the pedal. It touches a 2 finger "fork" and that is where the grease should go.

Matt