Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What happened to the FSM project?

Got a letter from Steve, Electric Monk, and he asked a good question. I understand that John, Silvershadow, is in Iraq. I don't know this for sure, but the source is reliable. Does anyone know what became of the FSM digital project? I know there are, including myself, many that have manuals out there somewhere. We knew going in they were probably going to be gone for a while, but is there any information on what is happening with this project? Does anyone know how to get a hold of John or even if he is ok? I wish him the best, and do understand that the orders to go probably didn't leave him much time to communicate. Just curious. There were others working on this, a word on progress might be in order.:D

Ummm, I hate to say this, but it was planned and executed on forum, titled USMB Freedom of Information FSM Project, granted not this one. It was going to be a part of the board. It really isn't in the planning stages, it involves several of us all ready, and as everyone knows, is a carryover from the other board server. I have no objection to discussing this somewhere else, but I would also like to know where this stands and where mine and everyone elses books are, and this is the only avenue open to find that information. If there is going to be an announcement about it, thats ok too. It just needs some information thrown at it.:D

Thanks for the link Caleb, you posted it while I was writting my reply. It still doesn't answer the question about where the project stands, who has the material, and who is, as it were, in charge. I understand the board not wanting to get into copyright law problems. There is usually a way around them by crediting the source, and getting permission to use them. There are some board members and a moderator or 2 that know SOA guys and may be able to follow it up from that end. The net is full of copyrighted material that people read and download, but I do understand the need for caution. If someone knows who has the project, let me know, I will contact Steve.