Ultimate Subaru Message Board

one more question

ryry46d9

this 86' hatch i own has what napa told me was 84' gl wagon brakes (much smaller)

now no where can i find what the CC's are on this block all i found is EA81 followed by the seiral. Well i already read the seiral post (kind of got a kick out of it) acording to the pics on http://www.partsamerica.com my valvecovers are 1.6CC if it where a 86' but... it also looks like the 1.8 84' GL wagon covers (two bolts in the middle)

when i bought the car the cluch was shot (so i did the disk only) and i notice that the motor mount bolts had bin toched as well as the belhouseing bolts witch makes me think they just slid everything right under from the 84' to my 86' (grrr)

i ask this not only to find out for myself but right after bratsrus1 offered me back glass, On the way to pick up my girl-friend one of the head gaskets went

i love what ever motor i got (it has seen 5,000 - 6,000 RPMs many times pull out in trafic) it was supost to take me from spokane,wa to kent,wa back in 2002 (moved back to the mother land)and what ever happiened after that was not my problem only payed $200 for the car that was supost to of bin dead but now 4 years later the POS has realy grown on me (atleast the motor :) )

but like i was saying in the other post i realy want a wagon to build i have seen what you all have done to them poor cars and i love every bit of it

but any ways i'll stop this novel here (sorry for the long post im just alittle sad to-day)

ryry :banghead:

When ordering parts for yours, never go past 84. The systems get confused and will give you items for the EA82 engines. All (most) EA81 applications are the same from 81 to 84 (and some 80).

Your much better off in a Hatch if your going to offroad at all.

And personaly, I wouldnt buy squat from Schmucks. If they cant get it right in person at the store, I sure as heck wouldnt buy on-line.

yeah i have ran in to that @ most auto stores i have bin to (i used to work for al's auto supluy back in the day and had a customer try to blow up on me for his messup with the year of truck he was working with but lucky for me i keep a note book with my customers info for special orders)

but the trick is going to http://www.partsamerica.com/ looking up your self what you need than do a print screen and walk in to the store and tell them you need this part and its alot cheaper doing it this way (they will price match this way) i have saved well over $300 in the past two years of doing it that way (just saved $40 off a hub for the wifes van last week):headbang::banana: