Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The nut where the A/C belt tension bolt adjustments are made broke today. Is this nut part of the pulley or is it just a nut? I know that I can remove the entire tension adjustment assembly, but I'd like to know if I just need the nut or if the nut part of the actual pulley.

Thanx,

Pete

If you are talking about the one on the little round pully at the end of that assy. that goes down, I think that bolt screws into the pully you should be able to take it off and get it out with a ease out and then replace it with a metric bolt from hardwarestore, I dont remember but this pully may have a little bearing in it that may make it tough to use a ease out on it.

The nut where the A/C belt tension bolt adjustments are made broke today. Is this nut part of the pulley or is it just a nut? I know that I can remove the entire tension adjustment assembly, but I'd like to know if I just need the nut or if the nut part of the actual pulley.

Thanx,

Pete

i could have sworn i answered one just like this before. Its a screw that adjusts the pulley. The screw is porbably frozen where it goes through the pulley Its easier to get the entire part then just the screw off another car, since it is obviously frozen.

nipper

I wanted to replace the entire assembly, but when I went to the dealer, they had it in parts and wasn't sure of the nut. I don't think it is just a standard nut, but I will know better when I take the assembly apart. For now, it will just squeak a little when the compressor goes on and off.

I got the bolt from the dealer today and it wasn't actually what I needed. They thought it was the bolt that tightens on the pulley. What I needed as the adjuster that goes on the pulley itself. Anyway, they had that in stock, so it cost me $7.00 for both. Now my AC belt no longer squeals, which is good!!!

I just broke the same piece. The dealer (yes a dealer, I know) I went to knew exactly what I needed. $5 at Hodges. It is plastic. Parts guy said the technicains break them all the time. The trick is to loosen the bolt on the pulley and then move the adjuster.