Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi, i live in Toronto, Ontario Canada, and I own a 93 leg wagon, and was wondering where i can find leather seats that will fit for front and rear? The only reason why i want o do this is because leather is better, lol, and in the rear its a safety hazard for those passengers because there are no headrests for some reason. But overall the seats in in brand new condition.

...leather is better...

While I agree that leather looks best, my opinion is the cloth is in fact "better", mostly because it does not get roasting hot or freezing cold. More comfortable in general too, IMO.

A full set of leather seats for a '93 could be tough to hunt down. Don't think there were a ton shipped with leather (there was no "Limited" model back then, just the LS, and I'm pretty sure leather was optional on that model). Leather was not anywhere near as trendy back then as it is now. I think you can probably get a Geo Metro with leather these days :lol:

Headrests should not be too hard to find, and obviously going that route will save you a ton of dough (do you really want to sink all that $$$ into a '93?).

Does your back seat have the holes in the top for headrests? I thought they were standard on all wagons (my 91 LS wagon has rear seat headrests).

If they are just missing then check the local wrecking yards. Should be easy to find.

As for leather, I have never seen a 1st gen Legacy with leather, it's possible though.

I never liked leather when I lived in Ontario. Too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter. Just personal preference though.

I wonder if the seats for a newer Legacy would fit?

Hi, i live in Toronto, Ontario Canada, and I own a 93 leg wagon, and was wondering where i can find leather seats that will fit for front and rear? The only reason why i want o do this is because leather is better, lol, and in the rear its a safety hazard for those passengers because there are no headrests for some reason. But overall the seats in in brand new condition.

I have a '91 LS wagon. Leather wasn't available on the USDM wagon until '92 and available only in the "LSi', the "i" was Subaruspeak for leather. Very rare because of the added cost and seat warmers weren't installed until much later. The colors are gray and tan only and your chances of finding a set in decent condition are slim. If your goal is headrests for the back seat, go for the LS interior, which should be a little easier, but not common, to find.

Well there are no holes for rear headrest, which is dum because if u get hit you could break ur neck. And could the leather seats from a newer legacy just bolt up? because thats what i was thinking, i beleive the mounts at the same place.. Thanks for some replies.

i'd just break out the ol' sewing machine. but i love the cloth in my outback. who knew that the grey/brown and blue tweeds went together so brillantly.

you could go to the pick 'n pull lot and do some junkyard subaru surgery to check the seat theory

If you are still looking for leather seats, eBay has a set in light tan rear seats. Item number 120007663128 currently has a bid of $US75 or you can buy them for $US150. The seats are located in Scranton Pennsylvania.