Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Performance numbers for NA 05/06 Legacy?

Anybody know where there might be some performance numbers for this car with the normally aspirated 2.5? My new 06 Legacy feels pretty quick but I can't find where anybody has tested anything other than the GT.

Ed

They say 0-60 in 9.2 for the 168 HP 2005 unit. Since the 2006 has 175HP and I have a manual, I'm going to guess it to be about in the high 8's or so, maybe 8.7 - 8.9. Sound reasonable? They also say 133MPH top speed, and I thought I remembered reading somewhere about the 2006 being governed to 135MPH, so that jives too. I wonder why nobody has ever really fully reviewed and tested the NA Legacy? It's a great car!

no one tested the 06 na models because:

a) its about the same as the 05 model (close enough in magazine world, i guess)

B) the gt version finally grew a turbo

c) they are too busy talking about porsches and ferraris... (who wants to read about sensible, reliable subarus anyways)

don't despair. take it to a drag strip and test it yourself. have a friend with a stopwatch to time the 0-60 while you blast off for a quarter mile time.

They say 0-60 in 9.2 for the 168 HP 2005 unit. Since the 2006 has 175HP and I have a manual, I'm going to guess it to be about in the high 8's or so, maybe 8.7 - 8.9. Sound reasonable? They also say 133MPH top speed, and I thought I remembered reading somewhere about the 2006 being governed to 135MPH, so that jives too. I wonder why nobody has ever really fully reviewed and tested the NA Legacy? It's a great car!

If you can break 9 seconds with an OBW, you've got the fastest 2.5 in North America. Or you are a bad guesser.

0-60 times are recorded as high 9's to 11.8 (consumer Reports - Outback 4). European models weigh less.

Don't drag anyone unless it's snowing.....

If you can break 9 seconds with an OBW, you've got the fastest 2.5 in North America. Or you are a bad guesser.

0-60 times are recorded as high 9's to 11.8 (consumer Reports - Outback 4). European models weigh less.

Don't drag anyone unless it's snowing.....

Maybe I should revise my guess to 0-50. So much of the quickness in recorded 0-60 is due to gear ratios and redlines. The car "feels" pretty quick, but it redlines in 2'nd before you hit 60, requiring a 2'nd shift. That adds a lot of time. Most real performance cars can hit the famed 0-62 (100Kph) in just 2'nd gear. I've owned a few nice cars in my time so I have an idea about how this car compares to some very nice automobiles, and with only 400 miles on the engine, I'm certainly not going to test it right now. But I have to say, there's no way this thing is in the 11 second range. Of course I also have my suspicions that the speedometer might read a little fast too. :)