Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Where to get Accessories for 01 Imreza L

I am not up on the good places to shop...I bought some tail lights on ebay and they were not the best quality (cant say Im suprised). I am looking to add some more stuff to my car, like, a leather shift boot, possibly some aluminum or cf trim and a new air filter set up. I dont mind spending some money, but I am looking for a place to find good quality, reasonably priced. Any suggestions on where to shop would be appriciated.

Thanks.

thanks for the feedback, I have checked that site out a bit (I get caught up in the photo gallery, very nice shots there...) I haven't had much luck finding stuff for my model and year, because its not the wrx and also, its an in between year...some places dont have anything for my 01. I will keep checking there though.

Pretty much anything will fit for the 94-01 impreza. The body style is the same.

It's funny you mention that all you find is WRX stuff, because the 98 and later Impreza RS was what probably gained subaru the popularity for the big wigs to bring over the WRX. NASIOC used to be nothing but owners of cars like yours.....look at it now.

There is stuff available, you just need to search around. These cars are like legos, so don't be discouraged if you don't see something specifically for your year and model. Depending on what you find, the chances are it should fit other models/years. If you have a question regarding something, just post.

You may want to check out some of the vendor's/links on my site.

www.surrealmirage.com/subaru

Josh

Funny you mention that, about the wrxand have that nice classy legacy (I checked out your site)...Subaru (no offense to current owners) used to be different, along with other cars like honda(...nice 92 honda Accord..Id take it...). I wouldnt have bought my impreza if it was not for my 93 loyale that took me from Maine to Washington/Calfornia and back with no problems (minus uncomfortable seats) and that was in 01 so the loyale is still on the road and going strong. I wanted another subaru I could afford (that was a big one) and upgrade myself (ok...with my husbands help..) now, unlike my loyale, which i have just maintained, I want some upgrades.

Yeah I hear you. The auto manufactures have changed. Even the japanese manufacturers. They have cheapened things since the early 90's. There's little things on my car like the strut covers in the engine bay that they stopped using on the 95 & later cars to reduce costs.

Thanks for the compliments on the Legacy. it's undergone a huge transformation. The car was originally a FWD, normally aspirated, & Auto trans. It's now AWD, 5spd, & turbocharged. I'm the process of putting in a new turbo & air to water intercooler.

http://www.main.experiencetherave.com:8080/subaru/images/td05/

The car has been across country, PA to WA four times, I drove it from PA to Memphis, and memphis to Houston, and Houston to Seattle and back. It's had some road time. However with all the performance upgrades I've done, it's lost some of its road manners.

Josh