Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Remove Center Console in an 06 Forester?

I want to remove the center console trim in an 06 Forester to be able to remove the lighter/ashtray piece.

I installed a backup sensor and want to install the display there. I will grab power from the lighter and place the display in the ashtray opening....so the cover door will still be able to close.

Once I remove the ashtray assy (not the ashtray itself, what it slides into), I will carve it up to accept the lcd display!

Can anyone "show me the way"?

thx...

If this is an auto then you're set just get your fingers under the silver trim around the PRNDL thing. it works best when you lift straight up at the back edge. It will pop right up with a good tug. These new cars are like LEGOs the are held together with plastic clips.

If this is an auto then you're set just get your fingers under the silver trim around the PRNDL thing. it works best when you lift straight up at the back edge. It will pop right up with a good tug. These new cars are like LEGOs the are held together with plastic clips.

thanks! Yes, it is auto...

When you say the "back edge" are you referring to the front of the car (most away from me if sitting in the driver seat) or rear of the car?

Will look tonite when I get home....last thing I need to do is break my wife's brand new car!

thanks! Yes, it is auto...

When you say the "back edge" are you referring to the front of the car (most away from me if sitting in the driver seat) or rear of the car?

Will look tonite when I get home....last thing I need to do is break my wife's brand new car!

Dont worry they invented crazy glue.