Ultimate Subaru Message Board

PICS!!! 4EAT to 5MT Swap Electrical Questions!!!!!!!!

Hello to all !!!! Help me out!!! this is an email to josh, and i wanted other opinions as well... let me know what you think!!!

ok so looking back through the wiring and such.... i found the plug you used thats BLUE on the custom harness you made (bottom right of your pigtails picture)... it had a YELLOW Relay plugged into it right? as far as i can tell, and from reading the electrical schmatic, the way you have it wired leaves the coil in the relay hotwired/bypassed, (two blues taped together coming from the blue plug) ... so is the relay left out (in the wiring), but still physically plugged in???? and if so what does that accomplish???

heres the pedal box as i've labeled....

PedalBoxx.jpg

The brake plug is still in the touring wagon and is IDENTICAL to the manual donar plug...

Question 1) Can I just plug the auto's dangling brake plug into the MT pedal box BRAKE recieving end and be cool?

Question 2) Is Clutch B not used at all?? if so where does it go? because on the plugs from the donar car, it's connected to the brake plug (i assume it's this way for the cruise control, incase you hit the clutch pedal it would kill the cruise, as well as hitting the brake pedal)

Question 3) YELLOW RELAY. Plug it in?? Don't plug it in????

Question 4) What is the 4th wire that is cut to make the relay inline with it? what is that 4th plug? is it switched power for the starter?

heres your wiring harness with my labels.

startingharness-text.jpg

Thanks for your help!!!!

Luigi

So i figured a lot out today just reading, and since no one really had any answers to this stuff, and josh (Legacy777) is taking a break :) i'll field my own questions... and hopefully help someone out.

Question 1) Can I just plug the auto's dangling brake plug into the MT pedal box BRAKE recieving end and be cool?

As far as i can tell, and what i read .... yes, i'll be cool.

Question 2) Is Clutch B not used at all?? if so where does it go? because on the plugs from the donar car, it's connected to the brake plug (i assume it's this way for the cruise control, incase you hit the clutch pedal it would kill the cruise, as well as hitting the brake pedal)

Clutch B needs to be wired into the Cruise control if i want cruise control to work properly. properly = like the factory sent it out on MT cars. I'll be doing that tomorrow and let you know how it goes...

Question 3) YELLOW RELAY. Plug it in?? Don't plug it in????

YES it needs to be used with this wiring scheme to allow the starter to be removed from the system when the clutch is NOT depressed.

Question 4) What is the 4th wire that is cut to make the relay inline with it? what is that 4th plug? is it switched power for the starter?

Not sure, but it has to be some type of main power going to the starter from the ignition... and its wired to allow electricity to flow through when the relay is used..... its 14 gauge wire, so its something...important.

There we go! tomorrow i should be turning the key! Hope this helps someone out, and soon, I TOO will be a swap master!

Luigi