Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Finally Finished with my lift! **With Wheels!!!**

TheSubaruJunkie

Would have been done sooner, but I had to wait for bolts from PK. Cant thank him enough for comming through for me!! Bolts came in yesterday, woke up early today and quickly slapped the blocks in the rear and wrapped everything up. I had to run to Autozone to get a new rear shock after messing up one of my new ones. I got the Gabriels for a '74 CHevelle, ended up drilling out the hole to 12mm and slotting the other side of the top mount. The bottom inserts worked from the old shocks and this method was 100x easier than trying to use the horseshoe adapter on stock shocks.

So here we have it!! 1984 GL Hatch with a 3" lift :headbang:

DSC00895.jpg

DSC00894.jpg

I have my tires at Big O waiting for me to come by with my rims to have them mounted and ballanced. I bought the bits today to drill the rims, so I'll do that either tonight or tomorrow and Monday I'll take the rims to Big O. Now I just need a front axle so I can get my 4WD back, and we're in business!!

-Brian

Would have been done sooner, but I had to wait for bolts from PK. Cant thank him enough for comming through for me!! Bolts came in yesterday, woke up early today and quickly slapped the blocks in the rear and wrapped everything up.

Lazy bum! If they were in yesterday, you should have done it yesterday! Slacker..... Whats this world coming too... full of a bunch of lazy Brian type people;)

Looking good Brian. Can't wait to see it with the new rims and tires, its gonna look sick!

Fully custom rack made by an ex-board member named Soobme. He made my bumper too. I sent him the designs, and he sent me a finished product.

Ive been talkin with PK Davis, and he's getting back into making more lifts. If you check out http://www.ozified.com you will see he's done some updating on his webpage. He's switching all aluminum blocks for lifts, and offering 3.5" for EA81's and i think 4" for EA82's.

I love the way the hatch looks. Took it on a test drive and everything seems to be okay, i have alittle bit more to do... but the hardest part is out of the way.

-Brian

OMG IM FREAKING BEAT!!! It was 105 out today, and I just spent the last 2 hours in the garage drilling, countersinking, and grinding!! Im soaked from head to toe, looks like i just stepped out of the shower with all my clothes on (but, boy... doesnt smell like it).

Anyhow, I drilled the rims out. The lugs line up, but its not 100% perfect... im sure it will do just fine, if something fails i'll kick myself later, but im sure i couldnt have done any worse than the rest of the board members here :D

For those of you who want to use CHevy Luv rims, note to self: You need to grind alittle off the front hubs. There are 4 dimples that hold the subaru wheel center, and they are in the way. Just about 1/16" off each one, and the rim should fit. I just got finished with one side, and i ran out of light. Its almost 10pm and i still have yet to eat dinner. So, i'll complete it tomorrow. But for now, i have the rear tires mounted and one front... good enough for some pix! :headbang:

DSC00898.jpg

DSC00900.jpg

DSC00899.jpg

Sorry for the dark pix. I ran out of sunlight. Tomorrow after I finish the other front, i'll be sure to get some better pix. Maybe take it somewhere and pose on some rocks or something.

-Brian

what tires are those? (anyone who says "kumho" gets slapped with a wet fish)

argh. let me follow THAT one up with "hey, the "venture MT" is printed upside down, better take them back!"

I just got new glasses after having used contacts for the last several years, this is weird...

awww how cute! Still smaller then my Bronco:grin:

But you get waaaaay better gas mileage then my 351M:rolleyes:

Looks good buddy, keep up the good work! It'll be worth losing 15 pounds of water weight eventually. Or you'll just die of dehydration...:dead:

Got the stock skid plate waiting to go back on. PK gives you a 3" block that allows you to maintain the stock skid plate, im going to do alittle work on it and pretty it up before I put it back on.

Didnt get any work done yesterday, took a nap instead of workin in the garage. TOnight maybe I'll finish the other hub and get 'er done!

-Brian