Ultimate Subaru Message Board

my weekend mod

tsutomu

after searching the wreckin yards down in LA for peugeot rims, i came to the conclusion that.... i wont be able to get my rims. so i decided to get something else.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showphoto.php?photo=11839&cat=500&ppuser=17515

my dad and i installed them today. took a little bit of cutting on the 20 year old plastic which some people might not approve, but how many people have legacy seats in their BRAT?

I do!

me too :) (well, at least the drivers side....) I had it in a wagon first that already had the plastic cut, but forgot to do that in the brat, so the seat wouldn't go back all the way. In the great tradition of just forcing it, I slammed the seat backwards and busted out the plastic at the rear of the the little cup like area that just usually collects dirt. problem solved :)

I used the Helpful Diagrams link on the 80's page....

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/index.php?page=subaru80s

the 5th diagram is for fitting a '90 Leg seat. not sure how other years compare...

I also just got done putting in some '00 RS seats in my Hatch.... that info's in another thread....

my dad and i installed them today. took a little bit of cutting on the 20 year old plastic which some people might not approve, but how many people have legacy seats in their BRAT?

i am trying to install legacy seats in my gl. here is what i encountered. with the gl seat rails on the legacy seats the right side rail does not lock and allows the right side of the seat to move while the left is locked in place. did you use legacy rails on yours? or did you use stock rails from your car?

i am trying to install legacy seats in my gl. here is what i encountered. with the gl seat rails on the legacy seats the right side rail does not lock and allows the right side of the seat to move while the left is locked in place. did you use legacy rails on yours? or did you use stock rails from your car?

well.... dont know if this is too late but.. wut i ended up doing is taking off the legacy rails. the driver seat used a little grinding and cutting. but i ended up taking off the legacy rails. and bolting on the old ones. we bolted them on the back and drilled on the front part because the bolts dont line up. DSC05548.JPG

but then after that u would need to cut the plastic because the rails hit. ( dont have a pic of that). after that u just try and fit the seats and use a 1 inch bracket to line the holes up to bolt it in to the factory holes in the car.DSC05552.JPG