Ultimate Subaru Message Board

is there some kind of a way to recharge th ac myself. It might have a small leak or a pblm with the relay but i have had it working before i imagine I could get some freon to put in. Most shops won't do it without charging me 100+ dollars.?

also someone gave me great tips on fixing my cruise control. it has been fine thank you. USMB

any auto store sells cans of R134 a that you need. unless you have major issues or loss you only need freon, don't get the kind with oil in the can. your system will have plenty of oil in it.

try one can of just freon first.

a buddy in atlanta was adding a can every summer just about and then for the past year or two hasn't had to add any for some reason. still worked out better than hundreds at a shop.

if that doesn't work, then you may want to try a can of freon with the stop-leak additive in it. i don't use that stuff but know others that have with good results.

is there some kind of a way to recharge th ac myself. It might have a small leak or a pblm with the relay but i have had it working before i imagine I could get some freon to put in. Most shops won't do it without charging me 100+ dollars.?

also someone gave me great tips on fixing my cruise control. it has been fine thank you. USMB

freon doesnt just go away, it leaks out. you most liekley have a tired o ring someplace. Better off getting it fixed right the first time since you dont know how big the leak is.

nipper