Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi out there in Subeland,

I hear the GReddy makes a larger Mitsu-turbo that has the potentail to increase engine output to 290hp and about 290 ft/lbs torque.

The kits are about $4000. They say the car remains as streetable as ever.

I seriously would crave more HP. The car is fast as is but needs more grunt to haul my windsurfing gear.

Hi out there in Subeland,

I hear the GReddy makes a larger Mitsu-turbo that has the potentail to increase engine output to 290hp and about 290 ft/lbs torque.

The kits are about $4000. They say the car remains as streetable as ever.

I seriously would crave more HP. The car is fast as is but needs more grunt to haul my windsurfing gear.

model year mileage engine and tranny please.

nipper

While a larger turbo may create more power, it also creates more turbo lag, so unless you are using it for drag racing, you will probably be disappointed. there is a way to get more horse power with very little mods, and that is to increase the boost. Most Subaru turbos are running between 11psi and 15psi, an increase to 18psi will be noticeable and still keep the reliability, you can go higher, but the reliablity drops in doing that. Getting a USDM WRX to 290hp (at the engine) isn't hard to do with far less the $4000.

Jusdt read your reply, that's even better, the 2.5 will take the boost increase better then the 2.0.

the only thing i can think if is changing the vlave that regulates the turbo to one that is adjustable (i just blanked on the name). The newer turbos are pretty much maxed out design wise as far as plumbing. A larger turbo will ttake longer to spin up and increase turbo lag. a smaller turbo has a quicker response. Maybe a bigger intercooler, or if your really twisted two turbos.

There may be other tweaks available, but is this car still under warrenty?

nipper