Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Non RX Full-Time 4wd 3dr?

saw one today, didn't know they existed. did they make them after the RX? tripping cuz this one had a body kit that matched the stock charcoal paint. are they not turb, so therefore not an RX, kinda like the fulltime GL-10's? this dude tried catching up after he got smoked off the light, but couldn't. too bad I was in the Volvo T5, and not my fair game Loyale...would have been fun:brow:

Yep, you could get a 3dr with all the bells and whistles of a RX except the D/R Fulltime 4WD 5 speed tranny. Although I have heard of there being 3drs with the RX tranny in them, but not beings a RX, that is, not having the correct VIN. I had an 86 3dr that had everything the 86 RX sedan had, plus it had the correct VIN, but no where on the car was there anything that said it was a RX accept the VIN.

I had a '87 3dr turbo coupe. Was identical to my '87.5 RX with these exceptions: 55 VIN, blue paint, black air dam and spoiler, mud flaps instead of side skirts. It did have turbo, full time dual range trans, LSD, RX interior.

I also saw a 3dr turbo coupe with non full time dual range. I don't know what year it was and didn't get to see the VIN. It also had the black air dam and spoiler with mud flaps, the car was black too.

I'm speculating but I think the 3dr full time turbo non-RX may have been sold prior to the mid year '87 release of the RX coupe.

I'd probably say that those two blue non-RX VIN 55s are much rarer the the RXs. I believe that some people didn't like the white color so they paid more to get the same thing as a RX, but in a different color.

XSNRG, that 3dr non full time dual, was probably an 86 like the one I had.