Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I just purhased an 06 Outback Wagon with a navigation system. So far the option is well worth the money even though it's quite a bit more than buying aftermarket.

Anyway, the one thing that drives me nuts is that you can't input destinations when the car is moving. Yes, I know this is a safety feature but, hey, the aftermarket systems don't limit you.

So here's my question: Does anyone know if there is a hack that allows you to input destinations when the car is moving?

I just purhased an 06 Outback Wagon with a navigation system. So far the option is well worth the money even though it's quite a bit more than buying aftermarket.

Anyway, the one thing that drives me nuts is that you can't input destinations when the car is moving. Yes, I know this is a safety feature but, hey, the aftermarket systems don't limit you.

So here's my question: Does anyone know if there is a hack that allows you to input destinations when the car is moving?

Yeah, I noticed that on the Tribeca, too. I'll be watching with anticipation:) .

Yup they cut out the rust completly thick rust and did 4 paint coats and 3 clear coats replaced all plastic etc. Cars looks exactly like new. ANd sanded. Also im talking Canadian currrency which isn't worth as much as USA currency:grin:

I dont think its a good idea to be punching in a destination while driving, you might get distracted and run over my remote control cars.

OK, all you internet sharpshooters - what if the car is stationary? Some of these nav systems require you to stop and put the vehicle in park.

Today I was driving our Ford Econoline van down a highway in RI. Suddenly lost the power steering and noticed the temp gage had started moving up. Idler pulley had croaked and spit off the belt.

I touched the screen on my Garmin for FIND - AUTO - REPAIR and got to a Meineke shop that was open before it overheated. No women or children were harmed.

I see you've already cross-posted [in two forums] on legacygt.com, post back if you get a reply.