Ultimate Subaru Message Board

help:( car wont start

Hey all, i just replaced my oil pump seals.. i put it all back together, but now the car wont start:confused:

It just keeps turning over..

I think it minght have something to do with the timing, but i dont know how it could have changed?

The cams have those white dots on them(where u face one up, and the other down to get the timing right) but when the left hand side is facing up, the right hand isnt down, and there are 2 white markings on it and there left and right:confused::confused:. Anyone have any suggestions? (does that even make sense how i wrote it:-\. Sorry guys.

But any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think i have fuel in it:cool:

There's a very bizare procedure for installing the timing belts according to the FSM. If you tried to do it logically, it just won't run.

AS i recall you set the flywheel at the triple lines and put one belt on with the cam's mark at the top seam. Turn the engine 180 degrees and put the other one on. Can't remember which goes on first. HMM.

Wayne

yah, he is right. putting the timing belts back on is not as straightforward as it could be. once you read through it, and especially once you do it, it makes perfect sense... but not before you do it.

check the USRM, its well spelled out in there.

ok cheers, done that, started first go.. ************in tapping is louder than ever. .i took off the oil pump again to make sure its ok.. seemed ok. there wasnt an O ring behind the rotor tho, which i think there should be??, nor was there a oil pressure relief valve...

Ohh and i have NFI how to put the rotor back in correctly..

Hrmm. any help on these things would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers guys.