Ultimate Subaru Message Board

97 obw Pioneer Premire 60 watt per channel stereo. i need speakers (not to mention i was pissed to find a dead channel). Max i want to spend is 100.00 per pair. i listen to everything amd dont beleive the bass is a vibration test for the fastners on the car. i have the premium tweeters.

any suggestions.

nipper

I recommend Crutchfield, I have bought from them. I went to the link subie94 provided and right away I was flagged that these would not fit in my car, a 97 outback that looks just like the one in your avitar. Go through the "What fits my car?" section there and have fun shopping.

~Mark

i have a set of these-http://www.crutchfield.com/S-g00mIHoJ7zl/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=52000&I=113KFC1680&search=Kenwood+VENDORID113&SearchDisplay=Kenwood

in my legacy.they do pretty well for themselves considering i have a tendency to push speakers...:grin:

i'm also running them off a 200w kenwood HD cd player..(KDC-MP528)

I have Kenwood 6-1/2s for all 4 doors. They were $50 a pair and from Crutchfield. They were guaranteed "direct fit" and mounted to the stock brackets with no modifications, no clearance issues, and they sound great. Crutchfield is the way to go.

• 4 weeks later...
97 obw Pioneer Premire 60 watt per channel stereo. i need speakers (not to mention i was pissed to find a dead channel). Max i want to spend is 100.00 per pair. i listen to everything amd dont beleive the bass is a vibration test for the fastners on the car. i have the premium tweeters.

any suggestions.

nipper

Nipper :

I get my polk Audio front speakers ( from Crutchfield) tomorrow, morever, I will let you know my oppinion of them after installation.

John

Nipper :

I get my polk Audio front speakers ( from Crutchfield) tomorrow, morever, I will let you know my oppinion of them after installation.

John

please do. i actually replaced the speakers with OE (price was great) and i needed them. i'll wait for a report :)

nipper

Let me guess, it was the round ones

hehe

nipper

Hey Nipper:

Well I got the Polk Audios (BS650) in: Today:clap:; They sound great I think, moreover, an amp is a wise idea, but my budget can't swing it right now.

For the money and in their class, I recomend these speakers.

John

• 1 month later...

any suggestions.

nipper

Ultimate Outback speaker thread: http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7141