Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rock climb video

stinky

Here's a video from last weekend out behind redbank plains. There's a play area just in from the brentwood estate entrance ( obviously this location will mean nothing to 99.9% of viewers), The rock was steep enough that there was only one spot to approach it from that the bullbar wouldn't hit and stop me from even trying.

I wouldn't have even bothered attempting it on a carb'd engine as it was way too steep and a carby wouldn't get any fuel. with the EJ18 though it didn't miss a beat.

Listen for the Diff breaking during the second ( was actually fourth, but only recorded last 2 ) climb. At first I thought it was just a stubb-axel but the stubb is still attached but rotates freely, I'd guess I've broken something inside the diff, probably at one of the weld points.

Rock Climb

Yeah, I did it twice before we even got the video camera out ... I shoulda stopped after the third time :)

As for the reverse, when I did the 5spd dualrange swap I accidently hooked the reverse/4wd lights up backwards ... so anyone behine me knows when I'm in 4wd :)