Ultimate Subaru Message Board

lift for 84gl

jack84

has anyone put a suspension lift in a 84gl hatch? where do i start? whats involved with the front end? HELP! i can do the work myself, i just need to know what to do. HELP ME PLEASE!

ps= noahDL88 if you read this (hawk love baby, cant wait for saturday)

As far as suspention lifts, you can't do to much with that on these roo's. u jack the suspention up and they will go threw axle's like a kid and candy:lol: But like Jerry said, totally go with a lift like a ozified lift, www.ozified.com. Also talk to scott in bellingham. (aka SJR) Also look into allied armament, but i think they are going to stop producing subaru products tho. Maybe try to get in on they're group buy they are having right now. Also check this out man http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24980..

That should be able to help you with just about anything you could wonder about offroading subarus.

-soobmater

Rear is easy to do suspension lift on - just clock the torsion bar down a notch, and get some longer shocks. EA82 rear axle joints will afford the needed stretch for the axles.

The front is messier. It CAN be done, but the axles do not have as much extension ability as the rear. Half body, and half suspension can be made to work and not stress the axles too much. Stronger springs can be added, along with strut cartridges that have more extension - blocks need to be added to the cross member to keep the alignment, or new lower control arm mounts have to be created, and the leading rod (some call it the radius rod) needs to be lengthened. 1" - 2" of suspension in the front is possible. And with a 4" block lift, you can get 5"-6" reliable, not strain the axles all that much, and still keep the camber flat. It's all about fabrication, and a little investigation of parts.

GD