Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The Great WHite Face Experiment

Ok folks, as we all know if you have anything newere then a 1996 legacy you cant get reversable faces. Sp i decided to see why not. I have a 1997 OBW with a 120 mph spedo. The 1996 Reverse face is a 140 mph.

First the good news, the dash panels are almost identical. The bad news. The 1996 has a 3 prong connector for speed (which i am assuming is two wires). The 1997 has a 5 prong connector with only two wires. If you put the 1996 spedo on the 1997 board, the spedo is way off, and its not incrimental. I still feel if you put the 1996 board in the 1997 dash, or even just do a complete swap you will be fine. The problem is that connector. Now if somone can dig me up that pigtail, i would love to try this again.

Also the odometer is easy to reset (scary) it just takes a little patience to do.

nipper:banana:

Just wondering u planning on doing 140mph? But i understand how much fun it is, usually sometime my dad would take it up to 125mph takes some time but it gets there and its super fun, however illegal. :burnout::burnout::burnout: good luck on your 140mph speedo.

Just wondering u planning on doing 140mph? But i understand how much fun it is, usually sometime my dad would take it up to 125mph takes some time but it gets there and its super fun, however illegal. :burnout::burnout::burnout: good luck on your 140mph speedo.

the car has a speed limiter on it. I'm not going for the faster spedo, im going for the reverse white face.

nipper