Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Legacy Strut Lift Question

MSSLGECKO

Yes, it is affected. But. There is a camber adjustment. The upper of the two bolts on the bottom of the struts. Just dial them all of the way out, mine turned out fine. I haven't noticed any unusual wear on the outside of my tires since. I did it over a year ago.

This is only on the front.

my rear camber is pretty faacked(on my impreza using outback struts).

But i havent tried to get it aligned yet(i dont know how to do the rear). the fronts can come pretty close.

In the rear, your camber adjustment is on the controling arm type thing, in towards the rear diff.

I just completed mine today. I put 98 Outback KYB GR-2 struts on my 90 Legacy LS Wagon. I kept the original springs and strut tops. Measuring before and after as well as the parts I got 1.25" lift in the front and 1.75" in the rear. It looks pretty level as it was a bit saggy butt before. I had to crank the camber adjust bolts all the way in in the front to dial out positive camber, aftermarket camber bolts would help get it back into spec. I would guess right now I've got close to zero camber in the rear and about .5 degrees positive on front. Measuring things after the swap I have 12" clearance to the bottom of the bumper lip and just shy of 10" to the bottom of the oil pan. The axles are at a much higher angle than stock of course but do not appear to be excessive. Subframe spacers would give a bit better axle angle and down travel but I think the additional axle stress is minimal.

So far I give it two big thumbs up.