Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Free to good home: pickup only

EDIT: garage sale this weekend - they go into the trash come Wednesday. Go to 20th avenue at either Wadsworth or Kipling and follow the signs to Field street.

Hey gang, I'm not selling these, they're giveaway so I thought I'd post here instead of classified section.

freestuff.jpg

I have trim parts and bumpers for later 80's Gl wagon left over from the overhaulin project. They weren't "pretty" enough for the project, but are all useable and decent parts.

BUMPERS:

Front and rear bumper skins (no bumper metal structure just skins):

--Front bumper is pristine, no chrome trim, but bottom hasn't been painted and is pure black. Bumper has the styrofoam filler and a couple metal strips for top and bottom where screws tighten for mounting.

--Back bumper is skin only, no styrofoam filler and is painted the old stock blue of the wagon. It's a resurfaced skin no big damage, but wasn't pretty enough for the project.

TRIM PARTS:

--I have all under-window trim for wagon (trim that windows roll against at top of door).

--I have four rear door trim moldings (the ones that say subaru). They're the larger kind that don't glue on but clip through door holes.

--Also have front door moldings,

--and one of the really short fender moldings. I think there's a couple rear quarter "door" moldings too.

--Probably cant use them, but I pulled off some rare stock door bumper guards (they go between door molding and bottom of window) I pulled em cause they were just weird.

--I have a spare motorized rear view mirror (forget which side),

--a drivers door glass (glass only).

--a decent grill with a crack, but works. However its that rare gl-10 darker blue color.

--oh, and a rear passenger blue door handle-blue interior (couple scuffs, but its free).

That's all I can think of now. I'll post a picture when the server's up.

I'm more interested in someone serious enough to come look and take what they want. Don't have much time to answer questions online. Picture should help with that. Please PM if you want to come pick stuff up and we'll make arrangements.

Eric

Bump on this. Still can't upload to my server for some reason. The web guy is working on it.

I forgot to include a motorized sunroof for GL-10 wagon. It would be nice to get some kind of $ for the sunroof, but not required. Works great, but window needs replaced. Otherwise good condition. I'll post photo when I can. Comes with the rearview mirror buttons to control it.

Eric

Bump: photo of some stuff added.

THIS STUFF IS GOING INTO THE TRASH AUGUST 23 (except sunroof of course) so come & get it!!!

Lots of other items not included in photo that I ran into while sorting all the leftovers - all free if you pick up but would be nice to get a little $ for sunroof.

Driver's door glass - glass only

full electronic sunroof with control panel - needs new glass

front under-bumper blinker lights

misc wheel well trim rubber and 2 loyale rear wheel well trim pieces

driver rear tail light

a gl-10 turbo rear door mud piece (see website under my sig to get idea of it)

two front mud flaps with word subaru on em

two rear tailgate panel pieces one brown and one blue (blue is cracked)

rear tailgate corner column pieces (exterior)

rear quarter panel column trim pieces (exterior) the piece just behind cargo window

Two interior automatic seatbelt column trim pieces

That's some of what I remember. There's probably more surprises for the lucky guy who shows up first.

Cheers --E

I'm doing a garage sale Sat & Sunday weather permitting. Mikeshoup is coming Friday and might clean up. If weather is good, I might start the sale Friday evening.

Anyway all the stuff will be here for the taking.

Adding to the list:

Two pug 15" rims with good rubber. Need some work to be straighter, but they're freebies so you have nothing to lose.

--E

I'm putting up the garage sale signs after lunch and will be hanging around outside working the garage sale this afternoon/evening and when it's not raining tomorrow and sunday.

PM for directions. Jerry DeMoss is coming and Mikeshoup might drop in this evening. I need a hand getting the Thule onto its rack anyway so hopefully you guys'll stop on by.

--E

The "office" is open. Garage sale is on for the house, Subaru parts are free. Go to 20th Avenue at Wadsworth or Kipling, follow the signs to Field street between Wads & Kipling on 20th ave.

If I get bored, I'll put up some pix of the stuff for you.

Bumpers front and rear

Driver's door glass

Full motorized sunroof rig (cracked glass)

Rear view mirrors

Rear driver tail light

Grill

Tons of side trim (door moldings, window trim, wheel well etc)

Tailgate trim and rear quarter column trim

Old subaru center caps

Front mud flaps

Two pug alloy 15's with good tires

Tailgate interior and other misc interior parts (mostly blue, one tan)

Drop by, say hi and take a look.

And of course, the Overhauled Beefaru will be here :D so you can see the new paint and check out the full time dual range '87 RX 5 speed with the Forester 5th gear running at Legacy 4:11 with limited slip rear.

--E

Wow didn't realize you were so close, I may swing over and check out the Beefaru. Not really interested in anything except maybe one of those pugs for a spare...me and Jerry might have to box it out ;). Got a pref on which one my cars you may want to see Beef? The lifted sedan or my RX? Neither of which are nearly as nice as the Beef, nevertheless all us Subaru guys love seeing other Roo's. Don't believe we have ever actually met before..which is quite sad since your so close. Hell probably have seen eachother several times since I work in Belmar, though I think we would've noticed eachothers cars and I don't recall seeing a wagon on Pugs anywhere. And sure can't miss my lifted sedan, but maybe the RX (which is my daily driver) blends in traffic more. Some more coffee, breakfast and I may swing by if it's okay with the wife.

Dr Krazy, stop on by! Raining or not the sale is going. I have a 10x10 canopy & big tarps. Bring the lifted sedan it'll be fun to see the mods. Plus I need help getting the thule carrier back on the wagon.

Mikeshoup lost out on some stuff though since he didn't stop by. Some guy from Georgetown stopped for the sale & happened to have a gl wagon so he walked away with a back bumper packed with trim & stuff.

Here's whats left.

Bumper front

Driver's door glass

Front mud flaps

Beefaru: i have been looking for someone to answer some sunroof questions for a little while.. i might want to get that from you, which would of course involve shipping it so id throw a bone at least... but i couldnt do TOO much so if i do then great but..

My cover seems to have come off its track. thats the ONLY problem with my sunroof right now, but it keeps it from working right most of the time because it jams everything up in there. I cant figure out how to get it back in its track.. and i dont know if it is "broken" or not. how do you tear that thing apart? i cant see any way to access it...

thanks, i may even see about getting that other sunroof as a spare.

Doing a short garage sale today and wrraping up between 1-3 depending on trafffic. I should be a lot less busy for anyone who wants to drop in.

It was awesome seeing DrKrazy's lifted sedan. Its fun seeing and learning all the mods on that beast. The interior is nicer than mine and it looks REALLY cool. Unfortunately after he arrived I was getting mauled by yardsalers and only had a fraction of the time I wanted to hang and test drive. Didn't get the thule cargo stuff on the wagon either. Here's what's left for anyone who wants to stop by today, and remember its all going into trash in 3 days.

Bumper front

Driver's door glass

Front mud flaps

Beefaru: i have been looking for someone to answer some sunroof questions for a little while.. i might want to get that from you, which would of course involve shipping it.....

My cover seems to have come off its track.....i dont know if it is "broken" or not. how do you tear that thing apart?

All is well with your sunroof except the tabs on the sliding interior cover. Tabs can only been seen when sunroof is unbolted from the car. The tabs are plastic and metal. The plastic part helps keep it moving straight and not binding up. Most of the time plastic parts are various stages of breaking or falling apart. That's why yours gets stuck, but you can't remove it. The metal part of the tab prevents removal and can only be accessed with sunroof out of car. However.........if you remove...which sadly means headliner has to come out....and that's another box of worms because plastic mounting clips break when you remove...... you can add stuff to the size of the metal part of the sunroof cover tab and basically fix it. If that doesn't work, I can probably just remove the tabs (which are in various stages of falling apart) on this one and ship them. They're really small so no big deal. Can't ship the whole rig though too time and cost prohibitive.

--E

:grin: Funny I posted yesterday in your Overhauling thread about how amazing your car was..

Yea he was getting pounded by people when I showed up..Some lady with a 120k 88 Hatch showed up, and sounded interested in selling it (she now has my number :headbang: ) oh yea and those Pugs came home with me, spares for me and Jerry. Wish I would've had more time to stick around, but had to meet the wife for shopping. If you need help getting the rack back on I'll swing by anytime I can to help out.

Going into the trash Wednesday 8-23

Great front bumper skin, no chrome trim, but I have a spare, no paint, so it can be painted your car's color no problemo

Front mud flaps

tailgate interior and other misc interior parts.

Sunroof will go into scrap when I get a chance.

Post if you want anything saved, otherwise it all goes.

--E