Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Tires for 04 Legacy GT (35th anniv. edition)

I know this has been done many times, but I can't seem to find a thread specific enough to the GT. Anyone out there have recommendations for the 205/55 16's? I can't see spending over $100 per tire, but I don't necessarily want a sissy H-rated tire either. Any help is much appreciated.

I guess the real question is do you want all-seasons, or will you be using dedicated snows?

Best bang for the buck, I think, are the BFG Traction T/A's. I'm currently using some Yokohama Avid V4's that I'm happy with as well.

They're both okay in the snow, but not nearly as good as dedicated snows.

I'm running a set of Toyo Proxes 4 on my 99 Legacy GT. I've been very pleased with overall grip and handling so far. I believe they are V or W rated. They seem really good for the money too, at around $350 for the set installed.

Haven't had them in the snow yet- mixed reviews out there. I've run snow tires on all my previous cars, but they were also RWD BMWs which could barely move when it snowed. These might be good enough for the occasional snow we get when mixed with AWD, at least to get going.