Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need replacement driver-side fender. Fair price (used)?

Well, I can't stand it anymore. I have to replace the front driver-side fender. It's rusted out. About 6 years ago some kids punched holes in it with an awl and it's been outside the entire time and rusted away there (damned road salt). Now its loose and I need to get a replacement. Doesn't need to be new, just in good condition (no rust or easily treated with just sanding). It probably isn't too tough to replace. Probably just a bunch of bolts (albeit rusty perhaps). I don't want to be hammering out any dents. Basically in good physical shape but paint color and rust that can simply be hand-sanded away are okay. I figure I'll be sanding it down, anyway, prime it and later take it in for painting when I get the rest of the rust taken care of, too.

There are some yards around here where I might find the fender. I'm not going to buy a brand new one at high price from the Subaru dealer. Just wondering what you guys think is a fair price for it.

UPDATE

Found a place that sells the fender (looks new) for only $107 USD (http://snipurl.com/uzwa). Looked good until I checked the shipping cost. YIKES! $80 for truck freight.