Ultimate Subaru Message Board

why wont the tranny shake loose from the block?

ive got everything disconnected, and two bolts from the top of the tranny, and two nuts from the bottom. but still i cant get it to come free. Ive tried raising and lowering the trans to different angles, but nothing. I can see a bit of space form (like 1/64th inch), but thats it.. could use any advice from you whove done this before...:confused:

Make sure you got the right nuts on the right side of the motor (right as in if your standing at the front bumper its on the right side) I thought I had all 4 off but I had undone an unnecessary one that I thought was the right one.

ok tranny is out and pressure plate and flywheel off. total time, roughly 22 working hours.i hereby apply for the worlds slowest mechanic award:dead: oh well it'll go together a lot faster now. definitely going to build a cradle for my floor jack, i was a retard to not use one. instead i had an engine hoist w a chain over the top tied to the trans front, and the jack underneath. IT IS A BULL************ way of getting the tranny out, do not try it.

clutch disc was down to the rivets, pressure plate and flywheel scored a little bit, but not outrageous. also got two reman driveaxles at the dealership, besides OEM pr.plate, c.d., and throwout bearing- total cost, 950 bux cdn. I still have to get my core fee back for the axles though.

i wanted to ask a few q's, but i cant remember ************ right now, so i'm goin to bed.

...also got two reman driveaxles at the dealership, besides OEM pr.plate, c.d., and throwout bearing- total cost, 950 bux cdn.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Clutch set US$180-ish from NAPA

reman axles US$130-ish (core 130-ish) from NAPA

Not buying stuff from the dealer... priceless!!!

i know i know! but i wanted the OEM clutch from some of the stuff i've read on here, and the axles..well i wasnt thinkin clearly, but i hope the quality will be a step higher as well.. plus im in canada and from what i see you gotta pay more cdn for everything, and 14% sales tax to boot in bc. also i think i could have got away without buying a new pressure plate - buddy may have upsold me on that. but yeah total for just the 3 clutch parts - 550$.

and the subaru parts boxes.. they were so pretty... sniff...