Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Carpet... or no Carpet? Tis the question.

Did some interior cleaning in the wagon today. The metal piece that holds down the trunk carpet was really rusty and was getting worked on (IE de-rusted) so I decided to take every interior bit off the back and clean out all the dirt and such... Found some interesting things under the rear seat :P

Some pics:

Everything removed v

nocarpet1.jpg

What it looks like without the rear seats and with the interior bits back in place minus the carpet, I thought about leaving it like this... v

nocarpet2.jpg

And here it is all back together again with the carpets all cleaned up and the seat folded down (I had no idea the bottom seat flipped up! I didnt realize it until I went to unbolt it and found hinges!) v

carpet1.jpg

I cant decide if I want to leave it carpet less or with carpets... You can see the carpet isnt 100%, but the rear trunk space has 0 rust (there was some rust under the rear seat, but I sanded it and painted it over today). I could leave the rear seat out, or leave it in, but I'm just not sure...

I think ill decide how ill run it later on when its all finished with paint and such, it might look funky with a blue paint job and a tan metal trunk area...

Oh, and one final pic, of me taking over the garage for the day :clap:

2cargarage.jpg

Put the carpet in. It reduces noise, easier to slide things in and out and adds a finishing touch. You can actually touch up the black carpet with black fabric paint. You can also get the exact carpet by the yard at JC Whitney.

Todd