Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Any way to up volume on keyless entry chirp?

Hello, everyone. I have a low-mileage 2003 Baja (Yellow! :banana:) that I'm loving a lot (sans the local gas mileage I'm getting). Anyway, is there a way to increase the volume on the keyless entry/lock "chirp?" Sometimes it's loud enough and more times it's not. Thanks!

You want that chirp to wake up ur city :lol: you could always put a bird to replace that horn, LOL!

I guess I don't want to wake up the neighborhood; the birds are loud enough here already :) . But I would like it to be a bit louder. I'm guessing you either don't know how to up the volume, OR it's really not possible? Oh well.

If the "chirp" is just a short blast of the car's horn, replace them with a decent horn like a Fiamm Highway Blaster... louder chirp and just might save you when another car tries to occupy the same space at the same time as your car.

http://da.harborfreight.com/cpisearch/web/search.do?keyword=fiamm

I put two of these in my wife's car within the first hundred miles after buying it. Much safer than the stock ones... actually gets the attention of that cell-phone yapping idiot drifting the SUV into your lane.

If the "chirp" isn't through the horns... then I don't know, I'd still upgrade my OEM Subaru horn :)

Steve

like outback 97 said,if the chirp is coming from the oem horns then get louder horns..

now if it comes from a siren type horn 9465new_horn.JPG like this,then like before..shop for a louder horn.pictured one is from a home security alarm system and is about 120-130 dbls(?)

(as far as i know,there's no volume knob)

I wish my wife's '03 OBW was a tad louder.

I think the previous year(s) had the signal routed through the horns, and folks complained it was TOO loud. Then they go to the seperate alarm and it's a little too soft.

I think it's also a legitimate question because there MAY be a 'trick' (like the seatbelt chime disable 'maneuver') that allows some adjustment.

maybe someone working for a dealership can find out?

Carl

My '02 OB "honks" when the audible keyless thing is enabled. I had thought at some point 2003/04? They changed the "honk" to a "chirp" via some other device. Piezo buzzer? I'm not sure how the chirp device is hooked up, but you can buy varying types/frequency's of those.