Ultimate Subaru Message Board

went wheelin' with a couple of jeeps...

strat

a couple of my friends and i went out wheeling on sunday and he took a boat load of pics...

two rigs i was running with... yj on 31's (no lift yet) and a lifted tj with 32's. the tj got stuck in some pretty thick, deep, sloppy mud. my friend with the yj got to use his new winch to get the tj out. i had no problems other than not seeing a fallen tree in some high grass and having a root hit my tranny cooler pretty good. didn't puncture it but it definetly has some bent fins.

anyways... on to the pics. http://www.pimptiva.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=1736

a couple of my friends and i went out wheeling on sunday and he took a boat load of pics...

two rigs i was running with... yj on 31's (no lift yet) and a lifted tj with 32's. the tj got stuck in some pretty thick, deep, sloppy mud. my friend with the yj got to use his new winch to get the tj out. i had no problems other than not seeing a fallen tree in some high grass and having a root hit my tranny cooler pretty good. didn't puncture it but it definetly has some bent fins.

anyways... on to the pics. http://www.pimptiva.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=1736

I almost deleted this thread cuz it has too much to do with Jeeps, but this photo is too funny. Driver or Jeep error? :lol:

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2094&g2_serialNumber=2

I guarrantee this hole was tougher to get thru.

offroad_034.jpg

keep in mind he daily drives the thing guys... most people don't rock xtreme offroad tires every day...

as for too much to do with jeeps... sorry, there aren't any lifted/offroading subarus in my area to go play with :-p

he probably could have made it out but he lost momentum and ended up stalling out... he's rocking a new clutch that isn't completely broken in yet and apparently, depressing the clutch pedal in standing water is not all that great an idea... besides, my friend was dying to use his new winch and it gave us an excuse to use it.

You can tell in the picture he's a rookie. Look at the front tire. It's gotta be at 40 lbs psi. Even ATs work much better when deflated some. He has the bead lockers for godssake. :headbang:

Sometimes the drivers are just too lazy. It was worth a little clutch stink to get this photo.

142snow3.jpg

none of us have yet to air down when wheeling. that was the ONLY situation where it really would have mattered. we weren't worried about getting stuck as i said my friend has been hoping one of us would so he could try out his new recovery gear... :rolleyes:

scoobyclimbs... he actually works for a clutch company and has some kind of experimental clutch in it that the company is developing... i believe he was more worried about the breather and water getting down in...

lift your TJ to put 32's on it but then put some really baby all terrain patterns on it? :confused:

Oh well, looks like you had fun, that area reminds me of ohiopyle.

wheres the good ************ in ohiopyle>?

i was just there a week ago for soem kayaking....i might be going again to run the falls....didnt even think about offroading

pm me

Good pics, also good to see some subarus blending with the croud.

As for the too much jeep thing, I would rather drive a jeep offroad than my subaru (its a jeep thing), but most of my offroading is just dirt roads and I think my sube does just fine on dirt.

thanks for sharing :)