Ultimate Subaru Message Board

'96 Legacy... where to buy sway bar end links?

One of my front sway bar end links is very sloppy, and the suspension is creaking.

AutoZone and CarQuest want ~$85 for the endlinks. Dealer wants $42 (list is $53).

None of these prices are very good, and the local U-Pull-It is out of Subarus at the moment. Anyone know where can I get some sway bar links on the cheap?

Hi Brian, subaru-parts-dealer.com has them for about $40. I couldn't find any lower price sources. Even RockAuto wants like $53.

I've got a '96 Legacy too and I also am from Buffalo :) Which dealer did you check, West-Herr or Northtown? West-Herr charges me like double list for parts, Northtown I think is closer to list. :burnout:

Cool to see another Buffalonian Subaru enthusiast.

If you just walk in, they'll charge you list. What I do is phone Northtown, asking what the list price is, then politely ask if that's their best price. Or, "What's my price on that?"

They've always offered me about 20% off list, versus the ~30% off you get at dealers with an internet parts department. Then I call West Herr, and ask if they can match Northtown's price (since I live closer to West Herr). The worst they can say is no.

I don't know how far you're willing to travel to get the end link, but there's a couple of salvage yards near me on route 20 in Brant and one on I think it's route 249 in Brant; I never called them to see if they have any Subaru's though.

Cool idea TheBrian about getting prices. I think I'll have to start doing that with Northtown. Considering the shipping charges involved with Internet orders it might be cheaper for me to just get everything from Northtown then. From what I can tell, the parts 'list price' is 40% above dealer cost.