Ultimate Subaru Message Board

WRX clutch kit work on a 93 Legacy?

Hi, I'm wondering if a WRX Clutch and PP will work with a 93 Legacy 5 speed trans and flywheel, and if so what year WRX to order the parts for or does it matter?

Going to be putting a 200hp EJ20G in front of the Legacy trans so I need a little more grip on that flywheel...

Thanks

You need a Legacy Turbo transmission to use a WRX clutch.

For the most part, all nonturbos use a certain type of clutch, and all turbos use a certain type of clutch.

So maybe I should get a 2.5RS clutch kit?

I'm not stuck on using a WRX clutch, but I am kind of stuck on using the transmission and flywheel I already have. Any ideas?

So maybe I should get a 2.5RS clutch kit?

I'm not stuck on using a WRX clutch, but I am kind of stuck on using the transmission and flywheel I already have. Any ideas?

A 2.5RS clutch kit should work on the n/a push style transmissions. The only thing I'm not sure of is if the surface area on the first gen legacies is any different then the 2.5RS. I don't think it is....but you may want to search www.bbs.legacycentral.org as I know I've seen others use the 2.5 RS clutch setup.