Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Trim above windows is losing its blackness

My 2001 Subaru Outback Wagon Ltd: The solid black trim above the side windows is losing its black paint(?). More and more showing silverish metal. Any recommendations on how to fix this?

Sell you car. :lol:

This is a subaru thing, all mine have done this. I just use touch up paint on mine.

My 2001 Subaru Outback Wagon Ltd: The solid black trim above the side windows is losing its black paint(?). More and more showing silverish metal. Any recommendations on how to fix this?

You might try repainting the trim yourself; the Trim paint is much easier to work then anything else I tried.

John

What I've found to work to get your trims' blackness back, is to set it down and make it watch Shaft and Beat Street. 90% of the time, it works every time.

Seriously though, I'd just look for a used trim piece, does both front and back doors. Found mine for $70.