Ultimate Subaru Message Board

got sand?

tsutomu

thursday after school my friend and i decided that we should go wheelin for a bit in santa paula river bed since we havent got to go towards the end of summer. My friend drives an AMC eagle sx/4 with a 99 jeep grand cherokee engine in it, and i was driving my stock brat. i didnt know wut to expect.

after crossing the creek

DSC05571-1.jpg

DSC05565-1.jpgDSC05568-1.jpgDSC05578-1.jpg(got stuck and since he was able to, he pulled me out)

i didnt get stuck too bad, like it didnt really cause as much damage as this...DSC05579-1.jpg

seriously that rock just came out of nowhere, we had to lift the car with a scissor jack and pull the rock out with the tow rope.the eagle was fine except for a squished exhaust pipe.

i was a little further down stuck in some sand but i was suprised that my stock brat made it out.

stock height sucks.. still waitin for AA to ship out my lift from the group buy

Always liked the SX4's - I've seen some pics.... there's a few rock crawling type SX4's out there. Complete with spoiler! With some mods you can more or less fit up a whole cherokee setup in them. But of course.... still a jeep/chrysler product. "used to be a jeep thing, but all that s#@t broke".

Or my favorite from the show this year "I got your jeep thing, now it burns when I pee".

GD

Eagles are great vehicles, the ugly as sin part just adds to their character. :grin: I've never ridden in one of the coupes, just the larger wagon types.

I think the tough but ugly as sin reputation is why I like 'em, kinda reminds me of a Subaru.

I've only been in wagons also, I know a guy who has a wagon for sale, but I'd like to find a coupe.... strip it and make a mopar powered autocross car :D Not sure if some, all or any of the Eagles were mopars...... I think some may have been produced before the Chryco buyout.

yea my friend's eagle is nowhere near stock, well, it looks stock but on the outside (besides the ram air snorkle that he just welded to his roof), but under the hood he transplanted the stock engine with a 99 cherokee motor.i guess its a good thing to have an uncle that owns a machine shop because he had to cut a hole in his bellhousing and make a bracket for the crankshaft position sensor.

heres his "ram air snorkle" the filter is in the box

AMCEAGLESX4.jpg