Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi,

I clipped my passenger mirror in a parking lot and am getting ready to replace it. Does anyone know the easiest way to remove the passenger side mirror from a 2004 WRX wagon? I am sure I can figure out how to do it but I would rather not remove and risk scratching what I do not need to remove.

Thanks a lot for your help and expertise!:headbang:

The easiest way to remove it is to drive even closer to whatever chipped it in the parking lot.

OK enough wise cracks, if there is a triangular piece on the inside of where the mirror meets the door, gently pry this loose and you will see 3 nuts that hold the mirror on. If there is a speaker there, remember how the nuts attach to the speaker. Diassemble and reassemble. And remember... don't pay retail!

Hi,

I clipped my passenger mirror in a parking lot and am getting ready to replace it. Does anyone know the easiest way to remove the passenger side mirror from a 2004 WRX wagon? I am sure I can figure out how to do it but I would rather not remove and risk scratching what I do not need to remove.

Thanks a lot for your help and expertise!:headbang:

Don't feel bad I did it a month ago. It is pretty easy. If you have an electric adjustable mirror you will need to get into the inside door panel to connect the Modular plug. I had to paint my mirror to match. I went to the local auto paint store and they made up a spray can for me. I masked it with blue tape and sprayed it then clear coated. It came out perfect.

Cost $130.00 + shipping for the mirror. $12.00 for the can of paint and $6.00 for a can of clear. The local dealer was $185.00 for and unpainted mirror. I was told Subaru does not sell them painted anymore. Oh yea I used a plastic prep cleaner so the paint would stick.

Check out PartsTrain.com. I've ordered mirrors before and where the dealer wanted $100+, aftermarket was about $25 NO JOKE and it fit great. They always have a $5 coupon off floating around the website. Call them and give them whatever part # is specified by SOA. This is a legit source. Comes well packaged and wrapped in a felt bag... felt bag is suitable for regifting at the holidays.:banana:

P.S. Electric connector was right inside that trangular area I mentioned earlier.