Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Q about subaru shopping in new york

hi

im gone be in the end of the mounth in NEW-YORK , for the first time in my life so...i'm looking for , or i want to know if theres a places that i can find things for my loyale , like a performance shop or things to see...i don't know...simma shoes and stuff...

if someone can tell if theres something in the erea like in new jersey or philadelfia..and more...

thank you all.

moshe

israel.

Are you going to be in New York City??That area?? If So...Moosen,Myself and some others are within an hour-hour and a half from there. We are worth seeing :grin: aybe we can help ya out with some parts or just to hang out with an over seas brother. Maybe we can have a get together or something??

Are you going to be in New York City??That area?? If So...Moosen,Myself and some others are within an hour-hour and a half from there. We are worth seeing :grin: aybe we can help ya out with some parts or just to hang out with an over seas brother. Maybe we can have a get together or something??

i'll be in new-york city , also in manhaten ......

i already talked with MAGNECOR factory, they make me special spark plugs wires 10mm castom made , for the it's the first time someone crazy like me buy 10mm for a loyale...:)

it goes good with MSD ignition that i have = good spark plugs cables...MANECOR.

If you have the opportunity, DEFINITELY visit with the NorthEast US people! They are good people, with plenty of information and parts. :banana: :banana:

I doubt that even the "Crossroads Of The World" (as NY City calls itself :rolleyes: :-p ) has any performance shops for your Leone. If you had a WRX, then they probably do.

Nevermind Pat :)

NYC school system teaches to over 110 (maybe more) nationalities of students every day.That's number 1 according to the news.;)

Mo,

It's getting extremely difficult for any Loyale parts or cars to be found in good condition.You have to find those small pockets of old Subarus and usually work with private sales or a good junkyard that holds older Subarus.

Reality is they mostly hustle the cars into the crusher in the more populated areas.Very rarely will a yard near a city hold cars long and most don't want you going to the cars.So you never get to see exactly what the car looks like,etc.

There are or were some specialty shops in NJ that were HEAVILY into the 70's and 80's and early 90's Subarus.It's tough to say how many places are still open.Like Pat said,they now cater to only the last 8 or so years of production.Anything old is mostly garbage to them.

Hal's in North Carolina comes to mind.An East coast legend for sure.Kind of far but you might call and see what's to consider.The drive down can be awsome!Might make a nice weekend outing for you if you have time.

http://www.halspartsandservice.com/

There's older shops in NJ but I just can't recall the names right now.Maybe Boz would know (PHATBRAT).

Around NYC you'll find nothing but a hard time looking for older Subarus or parts,etc. unless you run into one of us here.I'm about 50 minutes with no traffic from upper Manhattan.Sounds like you're looking for stuff that never really went over here.THere never were any true performance upgrades,etc. commonly available for the Loyale cars around here.Nothing execptional.

Make a list for us to work off of,please.

We'll do our best to see what we can line you up with when you arrive.

Will you have a car to use on the weekends?