Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi,

Some might remember that my legacy got totalled and I bought RAV4.

So I'm selling my stash of subarubucks on ebay and one person emailed me a question whether it is legal to use them by a third person as the owner name is printed. I assumed it was as I always saw them on ebay. The Term and Conditions printed on bucks doesn't cover the issue. Anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks.

Credit card agreement says the coupons cannot be transferred. Mail-order places do require that the name matches, to prevent fraud. Don't know how strictly it is with over-the-counter purchases. I guess the answer is, some dealers might accept the bucks issued to a third party, but it shouldn't be taken for granted.

Thanks,

I did a quick search and this is what I found on http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1033949

"I called them [sOA] regarding about this matter. They told me that SubaruBuck can be redeem by other person, and there no restriction on paper itself. So this is good any Subaru dealership."

NASIOC is amazing.

That condition is only specified by MasterCard, but they don't really have means to verify the user. So in practice, it's left up to the dealer. When I was sending the bucks to subarugenuineparts, they did require the name to match.