Ultimate Subaru Message Board

any good OR junkyards?

I'm looking for wheels--specifically, either 2 of the slotted-type 80s alloys or a full set of something similar. (I have the slotteds on front and mismatched mutts in back) I need better wheels so I can buy new tires!

A mechanic friend mentioned a "good subaru junkyard" in the Portland area for this. He's M.I.A. now. Anybody know what he might be talking about?

On the westside - U-Pull-It in Sherwood off of 99W. I'll be going there soon.

On the eastside - " " off of Foster

I have a set of lightly used unmounted michelin xzx 165r13 tires for sale. pm me if you want to take a look.

I'm looking for wheels--specifically, either 2 of the slotted-type 80s alloys or a full set of something similar. (I have the slotteds on front and mismatched mutts in back) I need better wheels so I can buy new tires!

A mechanic friend mentioned a "good subaru junkyard" in the Portland area for this. He's M.I.A. now. Anybody know what he might be talking about?

Portland auto wrecking out in NW portland is ok sometimes - they often have full sets of rims/tires for sale reasonable. Talk to the fat older guy - he'll usually give you a good deal. They don't have set "price list" so it's a bargain/haggle yard.

The u-pull-it's are good for parts you need NOW, and are reasonably expected to be there. Went there yesterday for an alternator bracket to use an EA82 without PS or AC, and got one for $3. I've not seen a lot of rims there, and the idiots unmount EVERYTHING, so you have to buy the rims and tires seperate, and then have them mounted, etc.

I have a set of 5 "X" style alloys complete with center caps if you are interested. They need a good cleaning, but nothing that some castrol super clean won't take care of.

GD