Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Southwest Subaru meet 2/15/07 MLK jr weekend

are you guys planning to go off road??? Because My roo is a road roo.... my bros GL might have a new tranny in 4 mo... i dont know... or are we just going to hangout and talk and EAT! i hope that ones true!!!

I think all of the following should happen:

-Talking

-Inspecting each other's rigs

-Eating

-Trail run for stock vehicles

-Trail run for modified vehicles (if there is interest)

-Road run for street only vehicles

-Camping

-Repeat

BTW, if we pull this off, I'll probably take a couple extra days to explore Anza Borrego, Joshua Tree, or other nearby places. Gotta make the trip worth my 10 hour driving investment!

HERE'S A VIDEO OF ME GOING DOWN A WASH INTO A RAVINE. i DON'T HAVE TOO MANY OUT OF CAR PICS, MOSTLY IN CAR B/C MY WIFE DOESN'T WANT TO WHEEL AND IT WAS WAY TOO HOT FOR HER TO BE OUTSIDE.

http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j208/boswan/?action=view&current=downhill.flv

th_downhill.jpg

the rest of the video is not too great b/c SHE'S NOT GOOD AT VIDEOING FROM A CAR IN CLOSE QUARTERS. I will be going there again in December so will get some fresh video to wet your appetites.

BW

I think all of the following should happen:

-Talking

-Inspecting each other's rigs

-Eating

-Trail run for stock vehicles

-Trail run for modified vehicles (if there is interest)

-Road run for street only vehicles

-Camping

-Repeat

BTW, if we pull this off, I'll probably take a couple extra days to explore Anza Borrego, Joshua Tree, or other nearby places. Gotta make the trip worth my 10 hour driving investment!

Hmmmm that sounds interesting... i hope that i still have money then..... oh well.... ill keep checking up on this as it gets closer to see how many people are really really goin!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i skipped most of the posts...

but i vote gordon wells to glamis on sand highway. pretty easy trail from the north to south imperial sand dunes. and 20 minutes from my house... the holidays are busy and a whip flag is required and a 25 dollar week pass or 90 dollar yearly pass. ehrensburg area is another option, about half way between pheonix and la off of the 10... i won't be ready by jan. 15th but should be if i bust my @$$ for the 15th of feb.

anza borregga, (octillo wells ohv area? correct) haven't been there yet. but there's some good wheeling that's supposed to be out there... i'd have to definately say plenty of wheeling to head out there.

my lil' roo sits on 31 bfg m/t's, dual tcased, built weberized ea81, ea82 suspension and 5 speed dual range, 4.11 gears lsd in the front and a lincoln locker in the back... wheeling needed...

• 2 weeks later...

I so wish my brat was still in so cal. at my brothers house, but brought it home last summer. I took it two years ago to ocotillo wells with sand rails and bikes. One day went on day trip and little kids couldn't keep up so i got

stuck hauling nephews around, didn't have and problem keeping up with rails

and bikes. Would like to go so cal. dessert again. Can't make it this trip but mybe next time.