Ultimate Subaru Message Board

rolled subaru

hey i just payd 50 bucks for an 86 soob gl wagon and it has been rolled but i was wondering if i cut the roof off if the body will twist any concidering im making it my off road veicle i dont want it to twist they dont have frames do they ???? help would be apriciated:confused: :confused::slobber:

We finally have people in Ellensburg?

SWEET!

I lived in Ellensburg for 5 years, while I went to school, but no subaru for me during those years, I had my MB :-\

I wa there a few months ago. I haven't gotten over there in the past 5 years as often as I used to. But when I need peace and quiet, quite often thats where I head.

My mother grew up there and I still have a bit of family in the area, so you never know when I might turn up there (though of late it has been mostly for funerals and such :( )

I prefer these...

http://www.rhinobuggies.com.au/products.htm

I think I'm a little biased:rolleyes:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showgallery.php?cat=500&page=6&ppuser=584

One thing's for sure, Subaru's make great buggies!

Get that sawzall fired up!

Good Luck,

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer

84 GL Mad Max

01 Forester

hey i just payd 50 bucks for an 86 soob gl wagon and it has been rolled but i was wondering if i cut the roof off if the body will twist any concidering im making it my off road veicle i dont want it to twist they dont have frames do they ???? help would be apriciated:confused: :confused::slobber:

There is a roofless EA82 wagon that's been driving around here for years no problem, but he doesn't offroad it either. Cut the roof and weld in bars where the roof would be, or at bottom-of-the-window level and you'll be fine.

yah, you could weld some steel in as horizontal cross members to make sure youre good and stiff.. one good cheap source of angle iron is discarded bedframes on the side of the road :lol: sure its cheap and ghetto as can be but you dont need ALOT of strength in your corssmembers if you do two good criss-crossed bars, at two points along the length of the car.. and it makes for good conversation. "Yah, I made my buggy out of a subaru and some bedframes.. pretty sweet...."

yah, you could weld some steel in as horizontal cross members to make sure youre good and stiff.. one good cheap source of angle iron is discarded bedframes on the side of the road :lol: sure its cheap and ghetto as can be but you dont need ALOT of strength in your corssmembers if you do two good criss-crossed bars, at two points along the length of the car.. and it makes for good conversation. "Yah, I made my buggy out of a subaru and some bedframes.. pretty sweet...."

Ghetto is Subaru's middle name.

It's funny how subarus can get to the point where you can push your finger through the rust in metal between you and the tranny, but they still run so good!

Having just visited Gary's U-Pull-It in Binghamton, I was reminded how much more severe the rust problem is, by simply going 100 miles further north. Seems most everything in there was rusted, but especially the Subarus.