Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ok, so this weekend, after having had my legacy wagon up on jackstands to give it a brake job, I discovered it is without a front skid plate. I would like to remedy this. Suggestions? Note: I am sorta poor at the moment. While I could probably afford an aftermarket aluminum plate, I may not be able to eat as well in the future because of it.

No 90 - 94's came stock with skid plates. In fact, I don't think they were even an option. I think I saw or read somewhere about modifying an Outback skid plate to fit on a Legacy. My question is, why do you need a skidplate? That's more weight you have to drive around, making your gas mileage worse than it already is.

you could try hitting the j/y an see if they have any loyales with skid plates.they don't weigh much.

that's somewhat how i put a skid plate on my 94 leg..though i didn't go to j/y for mine.(click pics below)

9465skid_plate_rear_spacers.JPG rear skid plate mounting location.in the front,i just drilled an screwed it to the bottom of the rad support.

9465front_shot_of_skid_plate.JPG skid plate in place.

9465front_space_between_plate_an_pan.JPG 9465spacing_between_skid_plate_an_oil_pan.JPG these two pics are showing how much clearance between plate an oil pan.so far it has saved the pan from getting scraped an dented 3-4 times so far.