Ultimate Subaru Message Board
Subaru_Mechanic

I have a 1979 brat 4x4 and need help...

the heater doesnt work. i want to upgrade it... is there another subaru that has a heater that is compatable?

Sorry but you can't upgrade it. Only thing to do is to replace it with a used one, or go get a new one... The dash is made to fit in a certain style and size of heater core. I got mine sitting on my shop floor when I put my Brat back together.

thatnx you save me time i woulda lost lookin for up grades. i found the problem tho. there was a rats nest in the ac unit. haha

Sorry but you can't upgrade it. Only thing to do is to replace it with a used one, or go get a new one... The dash is made to fit in a certain style and size of heater core. I got mine sitting on my shop floor when I put my Brat back together.

Or you could upgrade it and make a new custom fiberglass dash around it, in true mini-truck style! :D