Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Link to Brat body parts needed

I'm looking for a link to the page that has what body panels, doors, headlights, tailgates, basically everything that is interchangable on Brats and other Soobs. I've seen it before & even printed off a copy-but in my move I've misplaced it...& now I cannot find the link...I've looked everywhere-even in links & I did a search and found a post titled 'Parts needed in W. State' by 84Brat...but that is all...anyone know where these pages are???

I'm making a JY run this week on my vacation to JY's in my area and one or two other states and this would be helpful. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished retyping the three pages of info from that link, then as I posted it the site had disconnected me because I had been inactive for too long...if anyone wants it PM me and I will email it to you, I'll retype it on here later...right now I'm not in the mood so I'll get back to it....:-\

I just finished retyping the three pages of info from that link, then as I posted it the site had disconnected me because I had been inactive for too long...if anyone wants it PM me and I will email it to you, I'll retype it on here later...right now I'm not in the mood so I'll get back to it....:-\

awesome man! i dont even have a brat, but thats REALLY cool that you were so kind to do that for the community!

This was originally under "Brat Links" & was called the "Subaru Brat Encyclopedia"

I'll repost it all here for whomever wants it; apologies to the person that originally did the work I have no idea who you are.

I did not do the research myself so if you find any msitakes feel free to post the corrections here!

78-81 "Gen-1"

Introduced August 1977 as a 1978 model

same front end style as other 1978-79 subarus

DL had single headlights

Gl had quad headlights

78 had '4 wheel drive" spelled out on grill emblem

79-81 had "4WD" grille emblem

78-81 had jump seats

78-80 all had EA71 1600 motor & single range 4WD tranny

81 DL had EA71 1600 motor & single range 4WD tranny

81 GL had EA81 1800 motor & dual range 4WD tranny

Doors interchange with 2 door coupes/sedans from 78-79 (maybe earlier too)

no door glass interchange

78-81 tailgates interchange

78-81 al had solid front rotors

More to come later on the "Gen 2"

There we have it! :clap:Thanks McBrat for the hook up on the link...I searched for 3 days and nights-literally every spare moment I had but never could find it & several of the links would not work...finally found my printed copy but I felt certain others on here would need the info...

You did the research/page link originally? Thanks, it's helped me.

So there it is fellow members-take off to the link as needed from here...

And hey, I won't have to edit my posts on the subject now...because my typing stinks!:headbang:

• 6 years later...